National Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated annually September 15 – October 15. During this important event, the U.S. Government Bookstore invites you to enjoy the many publications available online for and about Hispanic Americans.
There is a great variety of publications to select ranging from materials for the naturalization test to parenting guides such as child safety tips, fun booklets for kids to learn about America’s great national parks and outdoor life, improving on your family’s health, to a manual for managing a responsible business enterprise in emerging market economies and more.
Here are just a few titles in English and Spanish to consider:
In this story, an amazing kangaroo named Joey shows all of the amazing things he can do now that he is 3 years old. These amazing things are called developmental milestones. First steps, first words, and using the potty for the first time are all developmental milestones. Other developmental milestones, like the ones in this book, may not be as easy to see, but they are just as important for your child’s development. This book will show you what to look for as your child grows and develops. Click here for Spanish version.
This pocket study guide will help you prepare for the naturalization test. If you were not born in the United States, naturalization is the way that you can voluntarily become a U.S. citizen. To become a naturalized U.S. citizen, you must pass the naturalization test. This Pocket Study Guide provides you with the civics test questions and answers, and the reading and writing vocabulary to help you study. Click here for Spanish version.
Sealing and Insulating your home is one of the most cost-effective ways to make a home more comfortable and energy efficient—and you can do it yourself.
Use This Guide To:
- Learn how to find and seal hidden attic and basement air leaks
- Determine if your attic insulation is adequate, and learn how to add more
- Make sure your improvements are done safely
- Reduce energy bills and help protect the environment
Glossary of terms is included in this illustrated do-it-yourself guide. Click here for Spanish version.
The GPO Online Bookstore – Easy Access to Federal Publications
HOW DO I OBTAIN THESE RESOURCES?
Shop Online Anytime: You can buy eBooks or print publications —with FREE Standard Shipping worldwide— from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore at https://bookstore.gpo.gov.
- Click here to purchase Amazing Me: It’s Busy Being 3
- Click here to purchase Soy Maravilloso: Hay Tanto Que Hacer a Los 3 Anos (Spanish Language Publication)
- Click here to purchase Preparing for the Naturalization Test: A Pocket Study Guide
- Click here to purchase Preparacion Para el Examen de Naturalizacion: Guia de Bosillo (Spanish Language Publication)
- Click here to purchase A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Sealing and Insulating With Energy Star: Sealing Air Leaks and Adding Attic Insulation
- Click here to purchase Guia de Energy Star Para Hacer Usted Mismo el Sellado do los Escapes de Aire y el Agreguemiento de Aislamiento Termico en el Atico (Spanish Language Publication)
- Click here to browse our Hispanics collection
Shop our Retail Store: Buy a copy of any print editions from this collection at GPO’s retail bookstore at 710 North Capitol Street NW, Washington, DC 20401, open Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., except Federal holidays, Call (202) 512-0132 for information or to arrange in-store pick-up.
Order by Phone: Call our Customer Contact Center Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5:30 pm Eastern (except US Federal holidays). From US and Canada, call toll-free 1.866.512.1800. DC or International customers call +1.202.512.1800.
Visit a Federal depository library: Search for U.S. Government publications in a nearby Federal depository library. You can find the records for most titles in GPO’s Catalog of U.S. Government Publications.
Find more than a million official Federal Government publications from all three branches at www.govinfo.gov.
About the author: Blogger contributor Ed Kessler is a Promotions Specialist in GPO’s Publication and Information Sales program office.