This 712-page Executive Summary of the full report, which includes the Committee’s findings and conclusions of CIA’s Detention and Interrogation Program, is divided into the following seven key topics:
- Background on the Committee Study
- Overall History and Operation of the CIA’s Detention and Interrogation Program
- Intelligence Acquired and CIA Representations on the Effectiveness of the CIA’s Enhanced Interrogation Techniques to Multiple Constituencies
- Overview of CIA Representations to the Media While the Program Was Classified
- Review of the CIA Representations to the Department of Justice
- Review of CIA Representations to the Congress
- CIA Destruction of Interrogation Videotapes Leads to Committee Investigation; Committee Votes 14-1 for Expansive Terms of Reference to Study the CIA’s detention and Interrogation Program
The report also includes three appendices covering the terms of reference, the CIA’s list of detainees from 2002-2008, and an example of inaccurate testimony to the committee from April 12, 2007.
Although the full report provides substantially more detail than what is included in the Executive Summary on the CIA’s justification and defense of its interrogation program and use of its “enhanced interrogation techniques,” this basic review provides a snapshot of what you will learn upon reading the executive summary.
To learn more about the ClA’s Detention and Interrogation Program, you can purchase the report through the GPO Online Bookstore.
How do I obtain a copy of this Senate Intelligence Committee Study of the Central Intelligence Agency’s Detention and Interrogation Program?
In addition to clicking on the link in the article above to find the report, you may find this report from the following:
Shop Online Anytime: You can buy this report and other publications (with FREE Standard Shipping worldwide) from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore website at http://bookstore.gpo.gov:
- Click here to purchase Report of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Coommittee Study of the Central Intelligence Agency’s Detention and Interrogation Program
- Click here to purchase 9/11 Commission Report (ePub eBook)
- Click here to purchase Critical Thinking and Intelligence Analysis
- Click here to purchase Interrogation: World War II, Vietnam, and Iraq
- Click here to shop entire Interrogation and Intelligence Gathering collection
Shop our Retail Store: Buy a copy of any print editions from this collection at GPO’s retail bookstore at 710 North Capitol Street NW, Washington, DC 20401, open Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., except Federal holidays, Call (202) 512-0132 for information or to arrange in-store pick-up.
Order by Phone: Call our Customer Contact Center Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5:30 pm Eastern (except US Federal holidays). From US and Canada, call toll-free 1.866.512.1800. DC or International customers call +1.202.512.1800.
Visit a Federal Depository Library: Search for these in a nearby Federal depository library.
About the author: Trudy Hawkins is Senior Marketing and Promotions Specialist in GPO’s Publication & Information Sales Division supporting the U.S. Government Online Bookstore (http://bookstore.gpo.gov).