Just in time for Memorial Day, the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO), Bookstore, has produced a new online collection of military publications that feature the historic stories of military battles and important moments from the Civil War through Vietnam to today. Additionally there are valuable lessons to be learned about how America faces new global challenges in an era when cyber-warfare, counterinsurgency, urban terrorism and other new methods to conduct military excursions are in full force.
The collection includes articles by authors who have in-depth knowledge and the connection to global thinkers and military leaders that provides them with a perspective to offer concerned Americans the resources to learn about the global crisis that surrounds us; not to point to the negative reality of these issues, but rather to become more informed citizens and thus more capable of discerning fact from fiction.
Here’s a link to the collection that you can use to go directly to this unique and comprehensive new list of interesting and informative publications, whether you’re a history buff, perhaps a veteran of one of the wars herein, or concerned modern day observer.
HOW DO I OBTAIN THESE RESOURCES?
Shop Online Anytime: You can buy eBooks or print publications —with FREE Standard Shipping worldwide— from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore at http://bookstore.gpo.gov.
- Click here to purchase U.S. Army Campaigns of the Civil War: The Civil War on the Atlantic Coast, 1861-1865
- Click here to purchase U.S. Army Campaigns of the Vietnam War: Taking the Offensive, October 1966-September 1967
- Click here to purchase The Strategic Lessons Unlearned From Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan: Why the Afghan National Security Forces Will Not Hold, and the Implications for the U.S. Army in Afghanistan
- Click here to purchase Cyberspace: Malevolent Actors, Criminal Opportunities, and Strategic Competition
- Click here to browse our Department of Defense (DOD) collection
Shop our Retail Store: Buy a copy of any print editions from this collection at GPO’s retail bookstore at 710 North Capitol Street NW, Washington, DC 20401, open Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., except Federal holidays, Call (202) 512-0132 for information or to arrange in-store pick-up.
Order by Phone: Call our Customer Contact Center Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5:30 pm Eastern (except US Federal holidays). From US and Canada, call toll-free 1.866.512.1800. DC or International customers call +1.202.512.1800.
Visit a Federal depository library: Search for U.S. Government publications in a nearby Federal depository library. You can find the records for most titles in GPO’s Catalog of U.S. Government Publications.
About the author: Blogger contributor Ed Kessler is a Promotions Specialist in GPO’s Publication and Information Sales program office.