Millions of Americans are managing money or property for a family member or friend who is unable to make financial decisions or pay bills. If you’re one of them, you know how tough it can be to serve as a financial caregiver.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has resources to help and a convenient way for you to use them. The CFPB recently released their popular Managing Someone Else’s Money guides in eBook format. The Managing Someone Else’s Money series is comprised of four guides for people serving in a formal fiduciary role. The guides help financial caregivers by walking them through their duties, providing tips on protecting their loved ones from financial exploitation and scams, and offering helpful resources. The following eBooks offered in English and Spanish language are available from the U.S. Government Bookstore for FREE download in a variety of digital formats, including ePub, MOBI, and PDF.
- Power of Attorney: for those who have been named in a power of attorney to make decisions about money and property for someone else. Spanish version.
- Court-Appointed Guardians: for those who have been appointed by a court to be guardians of property or conservators, giving them the duty and the power to make financial decisions on someone’s behalf. Spanish version.
- Trustees: for those who have been named as trustees under revocable living trusts. Spanish version.
- Representative Payees and VA Fiduciaries: for those who have been appointed by a government agency to manage another person’s income benefits, such as Social Security or Veterans Affairs benefit checks. Spanish version.
The CFPB’s Managing Someone Else’s Money guides, now available in eBook formats, will help family members, caregivers, and others in the community tackle their role of financial caregiver.
The GPO Online Bookstore – Easy Access to Federal Publications
HOW DO I OBTAIN THESE RESOURCES?
Sign up to receive promotional bulletin emails from the US Government Online Bookstore.
Shop Online Anytime: You can buy a vast majority of eBooks or print publications —with FREE Standard Shipping worldwide— from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore at https://bookstore.gpo.gov.
- Click here to download Help for Agents Under a Power of Attorney
- Click here to download Help for Court-Appointed Guardians of Property and Conservators
- Click here to download Help for Trustees Under a Revocable Living Trust
- Click here to download Help for Representative Payees and VA Fiduciaries
- Click here to browse more from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
Visit our Retail Store: To buy or order a copy of any print editions from this collection at GPO’s retail bookstore at 710 North Capitol Street NW, Washington, DC 20401, open Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., except Federal holidays, Call (202) 512-0132 for information or to arrange in-store pick-up(s).
Order by Phone or Email: Call our Customer Contact Center Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm Eastern (except US Federal holidays). From US and Canada, call toll-free 1.866.512.1800. DC or International customers call +1.202.512.1800. Email orders to ContactCenter@gpo.gov
Visit a Federal depository library: Search for U.S. Government publications in a nearby Federal depository library. You can find the records for most titles in GPO’s Catalog of U.S. Government Publications.
Find more than a million official Federal Government publications from all three branches at www.govinfo.gov.
About the author: Blogger contributor Trudy Hawkins is the the Sr. Marketing & Promotions Specialist in GPO’s Publication & Information Sales Division supporting the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.